The WJHS Site-Based Decision Making (SBDM) Council is in the process of selecting a new principal, with a goal of naming someone in the position by March 20, 2018. As a part of the process, the Council is seeking input from students, parents, community members, and staff to gain feedback on the attributes and qualities that these individuals desire in a new principal. This information will be gathered through a series of focus groups and an online survey and will be used by the Council to find the best candidate to lead West Jessamine High School. A full schedule is listed below.
We hope you can attend one of the focus groups or give us information through the online survey. This anonymous survey will be available starting Friday, January 19 and closing on Friday, January 26, using this link.
West Jessamine High School Principal Selection Process and Timeline
- October 18: 1st SBDM Principal Selection Meeting
- January 8: SBDM Council Training 1 and Set Calendar
- January 23: Parent and Community Focus Groups
- January 24: Student & Staff Focus Group
- February 20 & March 1 (If needed): SBDM Council Training 2, Analysis of Focus Group Data, Development of Interview Questions, and Review of Candidates
- March 13: Council conducts interviews
- March 20: Name principal if not named at an earlier date