Lexia Reading Core 5 at School and Home
Nicholasville Elementary is using Lexia Reading Core5™, a web-based reading program that provides the targeted practice and instruction students need to develop their reading skills. As an added benefit, students can use Lexia Reading Core5 at home.
Important! Please allow your child to work independently at his or her own pace. Provide encouragement, but don’t give away the answers! *A red apple appears in the lower left hand corner of the screen when the student needs help. You would then want to sit with your student and help him/her understand the skill they are working on. If your student cannot master that skill with your help, then have them move to another skill in that level.
Getting started is easy!
Go directly to Nicholasville Elementary's Lexia Reading Core5 portal
- Please try to ensure an average of 20-30 minutes per session. We recommend that usage be kept to a reasonable level – not too short and not too long.
- Allow or help your child to login. The student username and password is the same login they use at school.
The first time you login in you will need to do the following (or if the NES link is not accessible): go to www.lexiacore5.com, and follow these instructions:
- The first time you access Core5 from this link, you must set up your device:
- Click the Student/Parent button.
- Type in your teacher’s email (example: email@example.com) and click the arrow button to continue.
- Student Username & password: (Ask your teacher if you don’t remember it.)
- You will not have to set up again unless you delete the browser’s “cookie” files.
Some helpful technical details:
- Create a bookmark for this web address or add it as a favorite.
- You will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player if you do not have it.
Flash Player 11 or higher is required.
- If you have a slow Internet connection and have speed issues, you can download the Core5 software to your computer instead of using the website. Go to www.lexialearning.com and click Downloads at the top of the page.
- iPad and iPad Mini users can download the Core5 app from the App store for FREE. Search for “Lexia Reading Core5.”
Need more help getting started? Go to www.lexialearning.com and click Support.
Parents: Learn more about Lexia Core5 free school-to-home access http://lexialearning.com/lexiasupport/school-to-home/
If your child continues to have trouble, send a help request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will respond within 24 hours. Please be sure to include your student's name, our school name, your contact information, a phone number or email address where you can be contacted, as well as what type of support you might need.