Homecoming is coming up on September 14th. Theme for the dance will be a Fall Festival.
Spirit Week (Sept. 11-14):
Tuesday- College Day
Wednesday- Pajama Day
Thursday- Throwback Thursday
Friday- Spirit Day (EJHS or Fall Theme)
Tickets will be on sale next week in room 714 & during lunches. Tickets - $5 - Need school ID.
East Jessamine High School Dance Contract
The East Jessamine High School SBDM Council believes that students should be required to exhibit socially acceptable behavior and to that end, establishes the following policy for school-sponsored dances:
1. Each EJHS student will be allowed to bring (1) one guest to each dance. A guest must at least be
in 9th grade and no older than 20 years of age.
2. A non-EJHS student will only be allowed to attend if he/she is the guest of an EJHS student.
3. If a EJHS student is bringing a non-EJHS person as a guest, he/she must register their guest at least three school days in advance of the dance and must be approved by the administration. In the event of an emergency school closing, the administration will have the option to adjust the “registration of guest requirement.” Any guest not registered before the three-day window may be admitted at the discretion of an administrator only.
4. One member of law enforcement and a minimum of six chaperones (including the organization’s
sponsor) must be present during the event.
5. Every dance will have a minimum of one paid security officer and custodian. The security officer
and custodian will be paid by the organization sponsoring the dance. If the School Resource Officer is unable to attend, the school will designate a law enforcement agency to provide security.
6. Once a student enters the dance, he/she will not be permitted to leave and reenter unless
accompanied by a school-designated chaperone.
7. Students dress should conform to the guidelines established by the dance sponsor. Failure to do so will result in the student and/or guest not being permitted to the dance. Specifically, the prom will require formal attire.
8. No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco are permitted as stated in the Jessamine County Student Code of Conduct. In addition, all students going to prom will perform a breathalyzer test before entering. Non-students violating this rule will not be allowed to attend any future dances.
9. The dance sponsor shall advertise at least two weeks in advance in order to insure proper amount
of time to register guests for the dance.
10. If a student is suspended from school any day during the week of the dance, the said student will
not be permitted to attend the dance. If a student does not serve an Extended Detention the week of the dance, the student will not be allowed to attend the dance.
NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS: Participation in school sponsored activities of all types is a privilege and may be denied for disciplinary reasons.
Approved by SBDM on 4/19/18