Please click on the links below for information about kindergarten registration:
What to Bring
- You must be a Jessamine County resident.
- Your child must be age 5 on or before August 1, 2019.
Kindergarten Registration for 2020-2021 School Year:
Monday March 9th, 2020 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 3:30p.m.-6:30p.m.
Monday April 13th, 2020 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 3:30p.m.-6:30p.m.
What to Bring
TO BEGIN REGISTRATION, YOU MUST BRING THESE THREE PIECES OF INFORMATION:
- Immunization certificate – you may not register without a certificate
- Proof of residency - You may not register without approved proof of residency. Please see this list for acceptable forms of proof
- Two emergency contacts - You may not register without 2 contacts. You will need to provide their name, date of birth, and phone number
In addition, please bring -
- A copy of your child's birth certificate (with state seal)
- Physical certificate (must be on a Kentucky form)
- Eye examination (must be on Kentucky form, due by January 1st)
- Dental examination (must be on Kentucky form, due by January 1st)
***Assistance will be provided, if needed, to obtain these forms
1. Come to a registration day and bring required papers. You must bring your child. You can download some of the paperwork, print and fill it out, and bring it with you to registration.
2. At registration, you will complete OLR (Online Registration) on a computer. A computer will be provided for you.
3. You will receive a letter by August 1st from your child’s teacher with transportation information and the date for Open House.
It is important to bring your child to registration as he/she will be screened at that time. The developmental screening will involve your child in several learning and play activities. Through these activities we will examine his/her developmental status in areas such as general language, hand-eye coordination, gross motor progress (e.g. catching, skipping), as well as school knowledge (e.g., shapes, colors). Your child will not be expected to complete all the tasks. We are more interested in how he/she responds to the tasks. Vision or hearing screening is not done at this time. You will provide information if you have a concern about your child’s speech and language.You will be in the same room with your child as they go through the screening. The screening will last approximately 30 minutes.
Social and Developmental History Form
Physical Examination Form
Eye Examination Form
Parent Input Form, optional
Dental Exam Form
Parent Questionnaire (not available in electronic format, copyrighted material)
For information on health requirements, please click here.
New KY Immunization Requirements for Elementary Students