8th Grade Computer Science Discoveries
View Events/Assignments for
Computer Science Discoveries (CS Discoveries) is an introductory computer science course that empowers students to create authentic artifacts and engage with computer science as a medium for creativity, communication, problem solving, and fun.
- I can...
CSD Unit 1 - Problem Solving
- Use a problem solving process to address a series of puzzles, challenges, and real world scenarios.
- Understand computers input, output, store, and process information to help humans solve problems.
- Design an application that helps solve a problem of my choosing.
CSD Unit 2 - Web Development
- Create and share the content on my own web pages.
- Structure and style your pages using HTML and CSS.
- Practice valuable programming skills such as debugging and commenting.
- Have a personal website that I can publish to the Internet.
CSD Unit 3 - Animations and Games
- Program animations, interactive art, and games in Game Lab.
- Create simple shapes and build up to more sophisticated sprite-based games, using the same programming concepts and the design process computer scientists use daily.
- Develop a personalized, interactive program.