8th Grade Automation & Robotics
View Events/Assignments for
- I can ...
- Use ratios to solve mechanical advantage problems.
- Use numerical and algebraic expressions and equations to solve real-life problems, such as gear ratios.
- Use the characteristics of a specific mechanism to evaluate its purpose and applications.
- Apply knowledge of mechanisms to solve a unique problem for speed, torque, force, or type of motion.
- Describe the purpose of automation and robotics and its effect on society.
- Summarize ways that robots are used in today’s world and the impact of their use on society.
- Describe positive and negative effects of automation and robotics on humans in terms of safety and economics.
- Provide examples of STEM careers and the need for these professionals in our society.