Talent Show 2017!!
ON THIS PAGE YOU WILL FIND:
* Talent Show Timeline
* Talent Show Rules
* Scoring Rubric
* Continuous updated information
The goal and mission of our school talent show is to provide every student the opportunity to showcase their talents and abilities and to perform in front of others. We want every child to feel successful and to have fun in the process!
If your child has a desire to be a part of the talent show process, please encourage them to pick something original, fun and help them practice, practice, practice! The more prepared they are, the more confident they will feel!
TALENT SHOW TIMELINE:
- Learning Targets:
- I CAN define talent.
- I CAN describe what a talent show is.
- I CAN list different acts that can be a part of the talent show
- We discussed the purpose of a talent show – all rules and regulations before I allowed students to sign up
1. Week of March 20th – Talent show sign ups during music class. Students who are insterested will bring home a packet and a permission slip to be signed. This permission slip MUST be signed and turned in in order for a child or group to audition.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 14th - ALL PERMISSION SLIPS MUST BE TURNED IN if a child or groups is planning to audition
- Invite the parent/guardian to come and watch their child in Round #1 of auditions
2. Thursday, April 20th - Talent Show Round #1 Auditions
- Take place during grade level specials time
- 5th Grade – 8:15 - 9:15 AM
- 4th Grade – 9:15 - 10:15 AM
- 3rd Grade – 11:40 - 12:40 PM
- 2nd Grade – 12:40 - 1:40 PM
- 1st Grade – 1:40 - 2:40 PM
- Specials Teachers will judge with scoring rubrics
- All students signed up will perform in front of their grade level
- Parents are encouraged and invited to attend this round of auditions
3. Wednesday, May 10th – Talent Show Round #2 Auditions
- Different judges will be chosen, including a guest judge from the community!
- Students chosen in Round #1 will perform in a smaller setting
- This is a closed audition – no parent attendance
- 15-17 acts will be chosen from this group for the final school talent show
4. Wednesday, May 17th – TALENT SHOW 9:30 AM
- All school assembly
- Top 15-17 acts will perform
- Parents of students in the final show will receive an invitation to attend
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR AUDITIONS:
*Talent Show is open to grades 1-5. There is a 4 minute time limit for all acts.
*Appropriate performance ideas include acts such as singing (an accompaniment track or live musician is required), playing an instrument, gymnastics, dancing, comedy act, magic act, or funny skit, hula hoop routine to music, etc. All acts need to be memorized.
*Inappropriate performance ideas include anything dangerous or needing a lot of space ie. skate boarding, roller-blading, stunts, etc.
1. A student must be signed up and turn in a permission slip to audition. If his/her name is not on the audition list and a
permission slip is not on file with the music teacher, they will not be permitted to come to the auditions.
- When auditioning, they must be prepared. Their talent needs to be something prepared in advance and practiced. Students are not permitted to show up and “wing it.”
3. If your child is auditioning for a solo or singing with a group, we require all
students to use an accompaniment track/karaoke CD. Singing along with
someone on a CD is not acceptable. Soundtracks can be found at
Willis Music, Doo Wop Shop, itunes, etc. If you are having trouble finding a
certain soundtrack, please contact me at email@example.com
BEFORE auditions. I will not be finding songs for students the day of auditions.
Lyrics and subject matter MUST be appropriate. A song with inappropriate lyrics or subject matter will not
be allowed to be performed.
Please provide a copy of the lyrics when you perform.
4. On the days of auditions, your child must come ready to perform. They need
to bring to school with them all of the props, music, costumes, etc. they will
need to audition.
- The better prepared they are, the better their chances of making it into the final talent show!!
- If a group is auditioning, all members of the group must be present at auditions. They need to have practiced together prior to auditions and be prepared.
7. Students cannot audition for multiple things.
PLEASE PRACTICE WITH YOUR CHILD AT HOME AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE PREPARED!!