http://www.nationalartsstandards.org/ You can view nationsl art standards here. All lessons/projects are tied to the National Visual Art Standards.
1. Elements of art: line, shape, form, texture, color
2. Principles of design: balance, contrast, emphasis, pattern
3. Art processes: 2D (drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, printed fabric) 3D (pottery, baskets, sculpture)
4. Media: 2D media-crayons, markers, pencils, paper, yarn, etc.
3D media- clay, papier mache, etc.
5. Purposes of art: artistic expression, ceremonial, functional, narrative
6. Subject matter: portrait, landscape, still life
7. Cultures/time periods: West African, Native American/Folk, Colonial American