Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar
The Health Room

Health information and emergency contact

It is important that the school nurse and administrators be aware of any health issues your child has. It is equally important that we be aware of how to reach you in the event of an emergency. Please make sure all contact information is up-tp-date when filling out the new Online Registration; and let us know if there are any changes to contact information throughout the year. It is also important that we make available a positive learning environment. Please let us know if there are any special accommodations related to health issues that we need to address. You may be asked to provide documentation from your doctor verifying the health issue and needed accommodation.

The nurse does not provide any medications to students unless a medication authorization form is signed by the parent/guardian and doctor. Phone permission cannot be accepted.

Based on our current policies and procedures, high school students are allowed to self-medicate. This is referencing over-the-counter medications ( such as Tylenol, Advil, Midol, Pamprin, Tums, Rolaids, Claritin, etc. – just to name a few) and certain prescription medications , like antibiotics, gastrointestinal medications, and allergy meds are a few examples. The medication must be in the original container, and we discourage students to share their medications with other students.

Any type of controlled substance, such as Ritalin and Adderall, are to be kept locked in the nurse’s office. This is required by state guidelines. Please contact the nurse with any questions or concerns regarding this.


Controlled substance medications, such as those for ADD/ADHD, need to be brought in via parent/guardian. Please do not send these medications in with the student. Please notify the nurse with any questions or concerns.


According to new state guidelines, your child's immunization certificate may not be current. Please check with your family physician or the health department to obtain the required immunizations. If needed, the school can provide you with the immunization certificate we have on file.

<iframe src="http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent-shell.html"   width="100%" height="1200px" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" id="Iframe" title="Child Immunization Schedule">Child Immunization Schedule</iframe>

http://<iframe src="http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent-shell.html" width="100%" height="1200px" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" title="Child Immunization Schedule">Child Immunization Schedule</iframe>