Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar
College & Career Readiness

My Calendar
View Events/Assignments for 
Upcoming Activities
No Events or Assignments


Contact Info:

Vanessa Baker Ruda, MS

College & Career Readiness

Pathways to Careers

vanessal.ruda@jessamine.kyschools.us

859.881.8324

 

Carla Coulliette Palmer, MAR

College & Career Readiness

carla.palmer@jessamine.kyschools.us

859.881.8324

 

 

College and Career Readiness (CCR) is an online course offered at Jessamine Career and Technology Center (JCTC).  The class does not meet daily in a classroom for CCR but accesses the content and assignments through an “online classroom” located through the Jessamine County Schools District website titled “Moodle”. Enrolled students need access to a computer and the internet either at home, at JCTC, East or West Jessamine High Schools, or the public library.  CCR also incudes the work block option for seniors from East and West Jessamine High Schools.  See information below.

 

CCR also includes the work block option for seniors from East and West Jessamine High Schools.  In other words, if your student is enrolled in work block, they are also enrolled in CCR. A senior who qualifies for  Work Block as part of their course schedule is allowed to sign out of school during the assigned work block for the purpose of working or for the purpose of completing class assignments for all classes in order to work later in the day or evening.  Work Block counts for 40% of the grade in CCR and the class assignments online count for the other 60% of the grade. The State Department of Education in Kentucky has requirements for all work block students with which they must comply in order to sign out of school each day.  Those include completing a Student Information Packet which is kept on file in the CCR office at JCTC, submitting a copy of their weekly work schedule, and a bi-weekly pay report.  These documents are submitted online through the moodle site.  Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the termination of a student's privilege to sign out for work block and they will be assigned to another class.