Open vision bar


West Jessamine High School



Summer Questions/Answers 


West High is a top academic and extracurricular institution and we welcome inquiries from anyone interested in attending our school. We are also looking forward to seeing our new and returning students from the West district. However, our administration and counseling staff does not work all summer. Please see the information below to help point you in the right direction. Have a great summer. 


What are the WJHS Summer Office Hours? Please see the updated hours HERE.


When are the counselors available over the summer? 

Counselors will be available through the first week of June and then will return to the office during the first week of August.  Counselors may check email periodically throughout the summer and will get back with you as available.  


My student is already enrolled to attend West High next year. When can they view their schedule in IC? 

Schedules will be available to view on the Infinite Campus parent and student portal during the first week of August.  


What is the WJHS policy on transfer credits for students coming from private or home-schools? West will accept credits from any accredited private or home-school (per KDE guidelines)l. If students are coming from a non-accredited institution, they can earn equivalent credit in the following ways:

  • Earning a passing grade in the first 9 weeks of the sequential course- (applies only to English and math courses.)

  • Meeting benchmark on the CERT exam, given in August.- (applies only to English and math courses).

  • Earning a passing grade on a WJHS cumulative exam(s) for that course. - applies to all courses.

Credits are not offered for middle school students attempting to gain high school credit. 


How would my student study for the cumulative exams? Your student should reference their material and work from the course they took at the private or home-school to review for the exam. A class syllabus with identified standards can be made available upon request. 


My student is considering enrolling at West High from a non-accredited private or home-school. What do they need to do? Fill out the online registration form on the Jessamine County homepage.  Once that process is complete, a WJHS representative will be in contact with you to set up an appointment to develop a schedule and make plans for taking assessments for any course the student has already completed.  Appointments are set for early August.  See above information regarding transfer credits for more information.  


My student is considering enrolling at West High from an accredited private or home-school. What do they need to do? Families first need to complete the OLR (online registration form) on the Jessamine County homepage.  Once completed, a school representative will be in contact to schedule an appointment to review the student’s transcript and develop a schedule.  Appointments will be scheduled in early August.  The counseling office is closed from mid June-late July.  Any registrations completed during that time, will be contacted as soon as the counseling office reopens.


Can my student transfer to West High from another district and continue to live in that district? The state has recently passed a law requiring all districts to have a plan to allow our out of district student requests. JCS has not yet put that plan in place and it will only apply if there is room at the school the student desires to attend. Check the JCS district website for more information when it becomes available. 


We are transferring in from another school or district, when can my student meet with their counselor and build a schedule? The counseling office has set days the week before school starts that you and your child will be able to sit down with their counselor and make their schedule. You can contact Linda Burton in the counseling office to schedule that appointment. 


My student would like to come tour the building or ask general questions about West High and their programs, who should they contact? Please email the principal at or the curriculum resource administrator at


When is the first day of school? The first day for students is Wednesday, August 10th. Please see the full district calendar HERE


I have questions about athletic eligibility. Who should I reach out to? Email our AD Mark.Miracle@jessamine.kyschools or Asst. AD

What is Online-Registration (OLR) and do I need to complete it? OLR is the yearly verification of student information in IC. This is required for all students attending West High in 22-23. We must have the proper information available to properly serve students in the coming year, including checking out of school, medical info, etc. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and can be accessed in the IC portal under more. Please complete it asap.

Back to School News       Print