Health Banner

Physical Health:

When Should My Child Stay Home from School?

If your child has a fever of 100 degrees F or greater, is vomiting, or has diarrhea, the child should stay home.

When Should My Child Return to School?

Your child should be free of fever (temperature must be less than 100 degrees F), vomiting, or diarrhea for a minimum of 24 hours without taking any medication to lower fever or prevent vomiting or diarrhea.

Mental Health:

How Can I Get in Contact with My Child's School Counselor?

How Can My Child's School Counselor Help?

  • If you need support for your child and do not know who to ask, the school counselor is a great person to contact. Common reasons to contact the school counselor include if your child experiences the following:

    • Grief

    • Worry or anxiety

    • Sadness or depression

    • Low self-esteem

    • Difficulty regulating emotions

    • Conflicts with peers or friends

    • Behavioral concerns

    • Difficulty being successful at school

    • Academic concerns

    • Text anxiety

    • Difficulty being assertive and asking for help

    • Thoughts of self-harm or suicide

    • Familial changes

    • College and career guidance

If you or your child are in need of safety or mental health assistance please contact our community resources (NPD 885-9467 or WPD 858-8955) or use the 988 crisis hotline to assist you.

School Based Clinic

Jessamine County Schools has teamed with Health point Family Care to have special health clinics right at school! These clinics are like a doctor's office in the school building. Students, families and staff can go there to get all kinds of medical help. A positive knowledgeable team is there to take care of our students, families and staff. In hopes to keep us all healthy.

School Based Health services provided include:

  • Well child exams, school physicals, sports physicals

  • Sick visits, injuries, prescriptions

  • Immunizations

  • Assistance in management of chronic illness (i.e. Asthma, Constipation, High blood pressure, etc)

  • Providing and/or connecting students with mental health services

  • Vision screenings

The School Based Health Centers accept all KY Medicaid as well as many private insurances and offer an affordable option for uninsured patients. Below is the link to the consent form which provides details about the clinics, including insurance and fee information. We are excited to provide this service to Jessamine County’s students and staff. Contact your school nurse for more information or to make an appointment!